Wednesday, April 25, 2012


Cuba, 2012, Day Four

Sunday had arrived. Half way through our visit at this point. I had prepared to share from Ephesians chapter one, but the leader of the adult Sunday School had just taught on it minutes before. Thankfully, God had already spoken to me during my morning devotional, placing Matthew 6 on my heart. After Parks shared his testimony, I spoke on the need to trust God as the One who provides for us.

Worship began with singing and an excitement came over those gathered. The musicians are talented and though the words were in Spanish, I worshipped right along with them. A couple presented their child for dedication, Pastor Julio shared with the congregation everything the church at Hope was able to provide (money, a new sound system, and our visit), followed by Parks' testimony, my preaching and then about 5 young people came forward to make a decision to follow Christ. After 2 hours, which felt like 30 minutes, we greeted the church members on their way out (320, a record crowd) and then returned to the house for lunch and some rest.

Later, we returned to the church for another service, again shared our testimonies, and returned home. Pastor Julio had baseball on his TV, so we watched a little and then went to bed. Though it was not as busy a day as the previous three, it was a full day and sleep came quickly.

No comments: